Wednesday 8 December 2010

Sometimes ups outnumber the downs...

and believe me its been an up and down kinda day!  After having to cancel my performance last night for this Fridays event in Bristol due to the wonderful public transport system in the valleys I hit a bad low point.  This was supposed to be my comeback after a turbulent year but it was not to be, added to my slight thyroid induced depression and I was ready to throw in the towel and sob.  However, after having serious words with myself, I realised its not all bad - OK its probably dented my reputation but it means I can come back to the world of burlesque bigger and better in 2011.

So to today's events.  After meeting up with Zoe we set off  for our usual charity shop scour and tea consuming, first stop British Heart Foundation.  Now don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the charity itself but I now refuse to enter the local store due to the staffs rude behaviour.  I know things can get a little hectic this time of year but I draw the line at being physically pushed so the girl can pass me in a mostly empty store to get to the stock room!  So we continued our journey to the lovely Air Ambulance Shop, where, as we walked through the door I spied the cabinet I've had my eye on for a few weeks now still up for sale.  You know the moment in Wayne's World with the guitar, yeah, pretty much the same thing - it will be mine, oh yes!  We head to the back of the store to peruse the rails and after much to and fro'ing Zoe picks herself up a 'grandad cardigan', the big chunky wool type, but in the mean time I spot gloves! This store has been fabulous for my glove habit since they opened and today I added a lovely navy blue pair and a chocolate brown pair for the fabulous price of £3.  On top of this I nabbed a short sleeve sweater for £1.50 and debated on more glasses! After enquiring on the price of delivery for THE cabinet, I decided it was time to take the plunge and get it before I tempted fate once too often and lost it - and so, it shall be being delivered on Tuesday and I am a happy bunny!  From here we descended on the Cancer Research shop, this didn't throw up alot this time (I did note they were sorting through a delivery so will be back later this week) and after coming back down from upstairs I spotted a Westminster chime wall clock.  Well, we checked it over, perfect condition so we ask the cost - £3.00.  Zoe was over the moon! I did however seize the opportunity to tease her about how I'd found the clock and she'd stolen it (although her hubby would quite happily let me take it now by the sounds of things, I can see the chime being turned off hehe)

After racing back on the bus to get Zoe to her children's school play on time I called in to the tattoo studio where my other half is apprentice.  After a bit of chit chat I teased him to his boss about how he said he couldn't do the design I wanted for my forearm, next thing I knew it was drawn up and I was being coerced into getting the outline done - I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and can't wait to get the shading/colour put in.  Again its another personal tattoo, I've made sure all of mine are from my guardian geisha warrior to my space invader - but that's for another blog.  Anyways, this is the outline (or the best pic of it I could get myself) hope you like it as much as I do


Til tomorrow dear reader

xxx

No comments: